New year01 Jan 2011
….and the hated New Year Resolutions :)
I had this silly argument with one of my close friend the other day (silly, since it brings us to actually nowhere) about why would people be making new year resolutions. Well, my friend hate it. To him, it brings no good. To him, you just f*cking walk the talks. Actions speak louder than words. Well done is better than well said. Et cetera.
I didn’t say he was wrong.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="tr-caption-container" style="float: right; margin-left: 1em; text-align: right;"><tbody><tr><td style="text-align: center;"></td></tr><tr><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">To celebrate is to have fun</td></tr></tbody></table>I couldn’t be wrong to say many people failed to keep their resolutions last year. And also the year before and the years before. Hehe. But on the other side of the coin, there should be many people who actually accomplished just about everything they had on their list. So, I ask myself, why being pessimistic?
And then, people asked, why would you need to wait until the 1st of Jan to do something, or to stop doing something? Well you don’t have too!
Having a list of your new year resolutions doesn’t mean you have to justify yourself to anyone why do you wanna have one, why you failed to keep the previous year’s, why not putting something else on the list and so forth. Why bother? No one actually really care, really! Nevertheless, putting a “be a top scorer in every subject” on the list without actually touching the books doesn’t make any sense at all, does it?
The idea is (okay, my idea, actually) is to keep it simple, to keep it do-able, to keep it specific and to have fun, enjoyable. I never made a single list of new year resolutions ever in my life before and this year, I beg to differ. I guess my number one new year resolution is already concluded! - making the list.
Make a list. Done (yeay me! :P)
2. Losing some more weight, hopefully about 70kg or less. Currently at 73kg. (See, that’s so do-able!)
3. Fasting for at least twice per month. InsyaAllah
4. Getting a CGPA of 3.5 or more (currently at 3.3) And getting her a 3.2 or more. Dudette, embrace the free tuitions! :P
5. Paying at least half of my debts that I owe to my friends using my own pocket money. I have the list. Basketballs and all, I could’t resist the temptations to join the tourneys and most of the time, friends didn’t mind paying for me first. What a life, kan?
6. Writing at least twice per month, with or without a pc. Hehe
7. Remembering all my lovely sisters’s, brother’s, mom’s and dad’s birthday. I’m never good with numbers, really.
8. Running a marathon!
9. Donating blood at least one! The red book is so empty!
10. Have a game where I score 20 points or more.
Okay, no 10 is the least do-able of all but it’s still not impossible. One teh tarik if I cross it off the list. Any takers?
P/S : I’m just kidding with no 1 Hahaha. Happy new year. God bless us all with happiness in this life and hereafter.